Innovate New Mexico is a collaborative event featuring representatives and researchers from seven major research institution across New Mexico to highlight the latest research and technology opportunities, startup companies and economic development resources. The research institutes include the University of New Mexico, the Air Force Research Lab, Los Alamos National Lab, Sandia National Labs, NASA, New Mexico Tech and New Mexico State University.
Just one year ago, the seventh Innovate New Mexico event took place at the Event Center at Sandia Golf Club. That was before COVID pandemic which has impacted the way in which we now host events. Moving to an online format, the 2021 Innovate New Mexico was spread over two-days and included six technology and company presentations running simultaneously over two tracks via Zoom. Attendees could jump between technology presentations to company presentation seamlessly. All presentations were recorded and are uploaded to the UNM Rainforest Innovations’ YouTube channel.
The first day kicked off with opening remarks by Jon Clark, Deputy Chair Secretary at the New Mexico Economic Development Department. Then the technology and company presentations took place relating to physical sciences. See below for links to the recordings of their presentations.
The moderator of the technology presentations was Mary Monson, Senior Manager of Technology Partnerships and Business Development at Sandia National Laboratories and company presentations were moderated by David Kistin, Manager of Technology and Economic Development at Sandia National Laboratories. After the presentations, closing remarks were given by Jennifer Sinsabaugh, Chief Executive Officer at New Mexico MEP. The last hour included virtual networking where attendees could chat with the presenters.
Physical Science Technology Presentations
- Fluid-Infused Elastomers for Improved Resistance to Degradation in High Temperature Applications – Erica Redline (Sandia)
- Pressure-Induced Synthesis of Highly Uniform Metal Nanostructures – Hongyou Fan (Sandia)
- Adaptimize: Smarter and Faster UAV/drone Radiation Mapping for Enhanced Decision Making – Tony Shin (LANL)
- Integrated Trigger PCSS – Joseph Teague (AFRL)
- Separation Unit for Per-and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Remediation – Dr. Reza Foudazi, Associate Professor, Chemical and Materials Engineering (NMSU)
- In-line Angular Optical Multi-Point Scatterometry for Nanomanufacturing Systems – Juan J. Faria-Briceno, Post-Doctoral Fellow (UNM)
Physical Science Company Presentations
- Osazda Energy – Sang Han, Chief Technical Officer
- NASA White Sands Test Facility Technology Update – Joe Bullington, Commercialization Manager, Jacobs Technology
- Build with Robots, Inc. – Chris Ziomek, CEO and Matthew Ennis, CSO
- Identification of Volatile Organic Compounds using Tandem Differential Mobility Spectometry – A. Eiceman, President, GP Ionics, LLC
- SoniView: See the Unseen in your Production Processes – Eric Davis, LANL
- OptiPulse – Mathis Shinnick, COO
The second day kicked off with opening remarks by Myrriah Tomar, Director of the Office of Science & Technology at the New Mexico Economic Development Department. Next came the technology and company presentations relating to life sciences. See below for links to the recordings of their presentations.
The moderator of the technology presentations was Matt O’Brien, Technology Business Specialist at the Air Force Research Laboratory and company presentations were moderated by Mariann Johnston, Project Manager at the Feynman Center for Innovation at Los Alamos National Laboratory. After the presentations, closing remarks were given by Lisa Kuuttila, CEO & Chief Economic Development Officer of UNM Rainforest Innovations. Her speech highlighted the many ways in which New Mexico is achieving high rankings in innovation and entrepreneurial areas. The last hour included virtual networking where attendees could chat with the presenters.
Life Science Technology Presentations
- EnPeel: High Yield Recovery of Plastic Waste – Tatyana Elkin (LANL)
- Inhibition of Cellular Uptake to Treat Bacterial Infections – Larry Sklar (UNM)
- Multifunctional Central Pattern Generator-Based Neuromimetic Control Systems – Jeremy Wojcik (AFRL)
- Bio-inspired Cancer Vaccines – Rita Serda (UNM)
- Novel Vascular Access Device – Sam Pedrotty and Gus Pedrotty (UNM)
- ScFv Antibodies as Non-opioid Therapeutic for Pain Management – Karin High (UNM)
Life Science Company Presentations
- Nob Hill Therapeutics – Yun Li, CEO
- BennuBio, Inc. – Matthew Hess, COO
- Just Breathe Free, LLC – Antonio (“Tony”) García, Ph.D. and George W. Lucky, Professor of Chemical Engineering (NMSU)
- GPER G-1 – John Elling, CEO
- RS21 – Angelica Bruhnke, Division President, RS21 Health Lab
- BioSafe Defenses – David Whitten, CEO & Scientific Advisor
To learn more about Innovate New Mexico, visit http://www.innovatenewmexico.com/
View all of the presentations on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvSGf0aK1KNJ358sYJ8_IRQ/videos